About the Team
The Business Operations Analytics team drives operational excellence for our core consumer product. Our mission is to use data to tell the story around how we're pacing against goals and develop actionable insights to grow the business.
About the Role
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Business Operations Analytics team, you'll analyse business performance and recommend strategies to the executive team. You'll focus on international business operations and join a team with opportunities for growth. If you have a bias towards action, enjoy moving fast, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact, we want to hear from you!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide insights to help business and product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviours, and long-term trends
- Collect, process, and clean data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools to identify trends and opportunities
- Identify and quantify levers to help move key metrics through large data-sets
- Conduct deep-dives to build & execute improvement strategies with our Strategy & Ops teams
- Drive company initiatives by identifying key metrics and building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Present in key meetings and business reviews with our executive team and founders
- Participate in design, execution, and analysis of experiments; driving rigour and testing culture through our operations teams
We’re excited about you because…
- 4+ years of post-graduation experience with a mix of data analytics and management consulting/client-facing professional services
- Combination of SQL expertise and business acumen
- Experience building cross-functional relationships and communicating with executive leadership across multiple organisations
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualisation tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- Obsessive about building KPIs and tracking outputs daily
- Understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) and familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
Nice to Have
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics
- ETL experience
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.