About the role
We’re looking for a Growth Marketing leader to oversee customer acquisition, integrated brand campaigns, and marketing analytics. In this role, you will be responsible for developing plans and driving results from performance marketing channels (paid search, paid social, display, online video, affiliate), owned channels (referrals, SEO, App Store Optimisation), and brand channels (TV, OOH, influencers, content, etc) based on sophisticated attribution models.
You’ll collaborate with the Australia GM and Head of Marketing, our international operations team, and our internal performance marketing channel leads to drive critical growth targets (acquisition, LTV, CAC, and paybacks. In addition to acquiring and retaining customers to our core marketplace business, you’ll also be responsible for using paid channels and partnerships to develop co-marketing initiatives with our largest merchant partners, and supporting new market launches. This role will be part of a global team of marketers, analysts, and engineers; all of whom are motivated to grow the DoorDash business within Australia. This role requires the ability to understand the perspective of a CFO, a product manager, an operator, as well as our customers, merchants, and Dashers.
You’re excited about the role because you will...
- Manage, forecast, reconcile, and plan the allocation of a multi-million dollar monthly budget across all paid growth channels and activities in service of customer acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Continuously add and experiment with new marketing channels and initiatives while solidifying proven channels, making ongoing optimisations based on learnings and opportunities
- Provide country-specific domain expertise and insights to our central performance marketing channel teams and local agency partners to customise growth strategies for Australia
- Drive execution in collaboration with business partners in performance and brand marketing, creative, strategy & operations, finance, and product
- Work closely with analytics to measure the effectiveness of paid growth initiatives and devise measurement plans for high-risk, but high-impact marketing programs
We’re excited about you because…
You have a firm grasp on the advertising landscape in Australia, you have experience managing paid marketing campaigns across search, social, and offline channels, and you know how to develop and execute on a full funnel marketing strategy. You’re also comfortable working closely with brand marketing and creative teams. Beyond marketing knowledge, you have experience working with large datasets to inform good decisions. Your work history likely includes working for an international consumer company, and ideally you have experience with marketplaces. Besides hard skills, you have a pleasant disposition, the knack to roll up your sleeves, and are excited by taking on hard responsibilities.
- 8+ years of marketing experience
- 6+ years of experience in a highly analytical, data intensive and/or strategic role
- Proven ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing, or deep understanding of, digital and offline paid customer acquisition channels with an eye towards discrete, measurable targets (marginal CPA, CAC, LTV, etc)
- Comfort and experience with quantitative marketing analytics, budgeting, forecasting, scenario planning, and test-and-learn methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to leverage analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, optimise campaigns, drive decision-making, and measure outcomes
- Positive, upbeat attitude
- Relentless focus on improvement
- Experience in managing large consumer marketplaces
- Experience in a high growth, international tech business
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that’s how we win
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.