About the Team & the Role
DoorDash's mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses. This mission is enabled by our 3 primary audiences (consumers, merchants & dashers).
Although the Audience Insights team is a part of the Marketing structure at DoorDash, it partners with and influences the strategy of different functions across the organization. The purpose of our team is to use our expertise to bring the insights needed to the forefront and ensure the voice of our 3 primary audiences (consumers, merchants & dashers) is at the core of our decisions. This includes completing research, incorporating tools, summarizing data, and consulting on projects.
As the Consumer Audience Insights Manager, you will join this growing team at a unique, exciting, and important time. You will be the first of its kind on the team as a dedicated resource for our consumer audience. You will work on a variety of projects across brand, product, and strategic targets, performing research that informs decisions to better reach and meet the needs of our consumers. You will report to the Director of Audience Insights who is dedicated to creating a team filled with diverse-minded, curious, creative, and inspiring people that genuinely enjoy finding new ways of understanding people at their core and unlocking it for others.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Use creativity and technical expertise to build qualitative and quantitative research
- Implement Insights Roadmaps that uncover insights that shape our business, product, and marketing strategies
- Contribute to the team's cultivation of a company culture that can identify and action against insights
- Summarize insights to form compelling stories that stimulate decisions
- Allow the business to be attuned to what it takes to meet the needs of all our audiences: Dasher, Consumer, & Merchant.
- Build and oversee vendor relationships
- Work to continuously improve and refine how we get a better understanding of our audiences we serve
We are excited about you because you…
- Understand the consumer's needs and what draws their attention
- Excel in quick moving atmospheres with varying priorities to handle
- Understand how to guide right-sizing research to best meeting our needs
- Have conversations with internal partners that build rapport while promoting the needs of the audience
- Can present and engage partners, while telling them about audience insights
- Are strategic, always pushing for the "so-what" in data trends
… and have the following experiences
- 4+ years of experience in Marketing Research or Insights
- An understanding of different types of research such as concept development, copy testing, ethnography, segmentation, brand health, and other qualitative and quantitative techniques
- Comfort with self-moderating 1-on-1 interviews
- Creative and collaborative - you love working with a team and solving challenging problems
- Experience with Qualtrics or programming surveys is ideal
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders: Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic: We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning: We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed: We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of "Delivering Good"
- We are all DoorDash: The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for all goods. DoorDash is growing quickly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.