Come help us build the world’s most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! Dasher engineering team is responsible for the complete lifecycle of the Dasher activities at Doordash. The dasher mobile app has millions of users and has reached the top 10 downloads in the Business/Tools sections of the App store/Play store.
Doordash is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong technical background and product sense to oversee our Dasher Fulfillment Platform Team. The mission of the Dasher Fulfillment Platform team is to build a customizable last-mile logistics platform capable of executing any task, for any customer, with best-in-class quality, reliability and velocity. This team helps towards fulfilling this mission through multiple ways - by efficiently supporting future fulfillment needs while reliably scaling existing services. Generalizing the fulfillment engine and building a configurable platform that reduces the barrier to entry of existing and future last mile logistics opportunities. Driving innovation by adopting technologies that help shape the future of the next generation fulfillment platform.
This team also focuses on improving velocity by investing in new technologies like server driven ui which can significantly improve the speed at which we experiment on our platform. This team also focuses on improving reliability by investing in capabilities like offline mode. This team entails a wide scope of problems to solve across Web, Mobile and Backend including improving performance of our mobile application, reliability of our fulfillment services and helping teams experiment faster using this platform.
We look for someone who can lead a team of diverse, smart and driven engineers. We need a leader who takes an active role in shaping the future of Doordash engineering while embodying our core values.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the ongoing engineering vision, evolution and innovation of the fulfillment platform for DoorDash.
- Partner with Business, Product, Platform and other Engineering teams to execute for the long term success of the roadmap.
- Lead and grow a team of top talented engineers by growing ICs as well as attracting world class talent
- Build cohesive, diverse and high-functioning teams that thrive in a culture of trust, respect, and inclusion.
- Have the technical capacity to partner with tech leads and be comfortable diving into the fray to help drive resolution in the case of incidents.
- Own team’s deliverables and ensure we develop a scalable, highly-available platform that enables engineers to experiment and rapidly iterate on products that delight our users and customers.
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate and experienced leader with demonstrated success in managing business critical platforms and solving complex large-scale distributed systems challenges
- Experience in building and growing a talented diverse team of senior engineers across multiple stacks including Web, Mobile and Backend.
- Passionate about working with cross functional stakeholders and partnering with them to collaborate effectively and selflessly
- Strong communicator with ability to share technical ideas and direction across the organization and a proven ability to influence decision making at all levels in the organization
- Great at strategizing vision and evolving roadmaps based on changing business needs and motivating teams to execute on them
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.