Come help us build the world’s most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! Dasher engineering team is responsible for the complete lifecycle of the Dasher activities at Doordash. The dasher mobile app has hundreds of thousands of users and has reached the top 10 downloads in the Business/Tools sections of the App store/Play store.
Doordash is looking for an Engineering Manager with a strong product sense to oversee our Dasher Growth Team. This team is responsible for onboarding new dashers onto our platform and ensuring that they stay engaged and retain them. This team entails a wide scope of problems to solve across Web, Mobile and Backend including dasher onboarding, retention, earnings, pay and much more.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the ongoing engineering vision, evolution and innovation of growth and engagement products for Dasher
- Partner with Business, Product and other Engineering team to execute for the long term success of the roadmap
- Lead and grow a team of top talented engineers by growing ICs as well as attracting world class talent
What We’re Looking For
- Passionate and experienced leader with demonstrated success in managing business critical products and solving complex large-scale distributed systems challenges
- Experience in building a talented diverse team of senior engineers across multiple stacks including Web, Mobile and Backend including providing and receiving candid feedback
- Passionate about working with cross functional stakeholders and partnering with them to collaborate effectively and selflessly
- Strong communicator with ability to share technical ideas and direction across the organization and a proven ability to influence decision making at all levels in the organization
- Great at strategizing vision and evolving roadmaps based on changing business needs and motivating teams to execute on them
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.