About the Team
Our Advertising & Promotion team operates at the intersection of e-commerce and advertising, surfacing and monetizing relevant content that benefits our core audiences. We provide digital solutions to help advertisers reach all DoorDash audiences (consumer, dasher, and merchant). You will be a driver of DoorDash's growth both in the United States and internationally, and will work across sales, analytics, product, and our senior leadership team to drive our business forward.
About the Role
As Director, Ads Strategy and Operations you'll help create DoorDash's long-term, multi-year Ads strategy, and then oversee its quarterly and annual implementation. You'll work with the GMs of our multiple Ads businesses and with product, operations, sales, marketing and analytics partners to ensure we are bringing to market valuable new Ads offerings.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with DoorDash's management team to align on and build a 5-year Ads growth strategy
- Oversee the annual vision and quarterly priorities for our Ads business as a whole
- Manage our Ads business' performance at a weekly level, ensuring we are prioritizing to hit goal
- Be the linchpin that brings together a diverse, working team to achieve all of the above
We're excited about you because…
- You have 7+ years of experience in corporate strategy development, from within management consulting, corporate strategy, technology, advertising or other applicable sectors
- You have a strategic mindset, able to break-down large, complicated problems into their component parts, and then build-up a compelling, logical strategy to solve
- You are an analytical thinker, able to assemble different data sets and analytics to answer complex questions and tell a compelling narrative
- You are an operator at your core; you want to act on analytics and execute your strategies to build great businesses
- You are a leader able to hire and manage teammates who also have the above skills
- You have experience working within the ads space, potentially at an advertiser, an advertising/ content platform or an agency is a plus
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.