DoorDash is looking for an Engineering Manager with strong product sense and mobile app development experience to oversee our Dasher experience for Drive deliveries. The end goal of the Drive product is to do for last mile logistics what AWS did for cloud computing -- enable any third-party business to plug into our platform and have their items delivered, on-demand, anywhere in their city. The Fulfillment Experience team is responsible for supporting big bets to enable DoorDash to think outside of the food delivery box to unlock new opportunities, like groceries, pharmaceuticals, retail, pizza and more, as well as optimizing the dasher experience within our existing delivery portfolio to increase efficiency. The team’s charter will be mobile focused, managing a team of Android and iOS engineers and involves problems like adding flows to support new verticals, running experiments to test delivery flows, and improving our underlying platform to increase velocity.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical guidance, leadership and development for a team growing to 6+ engineers
- Own the hiring process for your team, in partnership with recruiting, to grow a diverse and inclusive team
- Collaborate with business and engineering leaders at multinational corporations to help understand their business needs and formulate them into a world class product
- Engage with key internal business stakeholders to define the roadmap and vision for our product
- Partner with analytics and data counterparts to measure impact and success of products and features delivered
- Strong hands-on technical leader
- Strong product intuition
- Able to lead full-stack engineering teams - backend, mobile, and some web
- High-energy and driven - you’ll do whatever it takes to win
- You’re an owner - driven, focused, and quick to take ownership of your work
- Humble - you’re willing to get into the details and you’re open to feedback
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced startup and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Growth-minded - you’re eager to expand your skill set and excited to carve out your career path in a hyper-growth setting
- Desire for impact - ready to take on a lot of responsibility and work collaboratively with your team
- 2+ years of experience in people management, ideally leading a team size of 6+ and managing senior engineers
- Prior experience working on a user-facing product
- Extensive experience as an engineer in a product focused development environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.