About the Team
The Global Safety and Security (GSS) team advances DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand, and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and provide value across the business through technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Service and Support Lead to join our Global Operations Center (GOC). Based at our Tempe office or remote, you will support our GOC Agents and GSS team members to intake, route, and escalate service requests and incidents
You will need to be comfortable providing a high level of customer service. For high-level security incidents, you will work with our Support, Trust and Safety, Strategy and Operations, Legal, Human Resources, and teams to ensure they have complete and accurate information. You will be high-trust and you will handle potentially sensitive information following strict data protection standards and act with integrity. You will communicate and work professionally with our internal customers, other team members, and colleagues from other business departments.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Excel at organizing and scheduling your Team
- Be a part of a growing team and offer insights for procedural efficiency
- Provide performance evaluations that motivate and better Agents' abilities
- Improve your team's skills by conducting ongoing training
- Aggregate and share relevant metrics to provide value to partnered Business Departments
- Develop and refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Policy, with a focus on improving the customer experience
- Iterate and improve workflow processes for greater efficiency, accuracy and visibility
- Handle and resolve escalated incidents for our customers, who are also our colleagues
- Guide your team to success through accuracy and detail mindedness
- Report out on a variety of quality-related metrics for regular usage by a wide audience
- Have an impact supporting the safety, security, and wellness of our entire workforce population
We're excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor's degree or technical certification
- You have 4+ years remote customer service, call center, or 911 dispatch experience
- You are familiar with customer service tools like Zendesk, Jira, and Salesforce
- You have a flexible schedule and can work all shifts and days to include weekends and holidays
- You are familiar with safety, security or emergency management fields
- You are familiar with leading video surveillance systems and camera technology
- You are able to maintain a positive and and professional tone during all customer interactions and interactions with your direct reports
- You excel at evaluating escalation instances and routing them appropriately.
- You are tech experienced and comfortable working with Slack, SMS/Phone, Chat, Email communication channels, and G Suite
- You cope with complexity and frequent and rapid change
- You demonstrate the ability to absorb new information and tasks
- You have a passion for learning and continuous improvement
- You respect the value of diversity in the workplace and the community
- You have foreign language skills and international travel experience
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.