About the Team
The DoorDash Consumer Health team is ensuring DoorDash consumers can order “more than just chicken soup” to get and stay healthy. We’re a brand-new team within DoorDash working on launching an early-stage endeavor in the pharmacy space.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Director and General Manager of our Pharmacy business to lead one of our earliest stage business ventures. We're looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously managing and executing the day-to-day actions necessary to achieve our goals. You have a passion for healthcare, experience blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex problems, and the ability to think about the short and long term strategy simultaneously.
In this role, you will lead an all-star team in an early stage business to build and scale a consumer pharmacy offering across the geographies DoorDash operates in. You will report into the Head of Consumer Health on the Consumer Health team in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build & Own - Navigating complex regulatory and privacy issues & creating a new business from the ground up requires a leader who will roll up their sleeves when they need to but who can also create a strategy and vision. You will lead a team to build the foundational infrastructure for DoorDash to operate in the Healthcare space
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail - Diving into the data, talking to customers, and obsessing over the details to make sure we delight every customer and create value for every merchant.
- Lead & Advocate - We are entering new territory for DoorDash, and this leader will need to bring cross-functional stakeholders along as we build and scale. They must be able to advocate for their business, lead their cross-functional team to success, and deliver quality results to stakeholders. Partner with teams including legal, product, business development, engineering, finance, security, analytics and marketing to achieve our goals.
- Experiment - There is not a written rule-book to success here. This leader must figure out how to get from A to B and constantly push to improve and test new opportunities to get 1% better everyday.
- Analyze – Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, iterate given insights from data and use them to make daily decisions.
- Win - Building a world-class business will not be easy. This person must be comfortable with the ambiguity & embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and many right answers.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are passionate about solving complex healthcare problems to make getting and staying healthy as easy as it is order chicken soup
- You are a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are excel in a fast-paced and evolving business
- You are a problem solver and are hungry for hard problems – You have a talent for managing complex projects, driving high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You are a relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- You are a humble leader – You can build a diverse team of strong performers, helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders
- You have 10+ years of experience in healthcare, consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience, MBA a plus.
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have Excel and basic SQL knowledge (or a willingness to learn it)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.