About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. Through intelligent, last-mile delivery logistics, DoorDash empowers Dashers to connect people with the local businesses they care about -- helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses, while unlocking financial flexibility and freedom for millions of people across the world.
This role will report directly to the Director of Dasher Brand Marketing and work closely with DoorDash’s in-house creative studio, product marketing, Strategy & Operations, CRM, PMM, Policy, Product, and collaborative external vendors to lead innovative, holistic marketing campaigns that celebrate Dashers and support workers through critical times in their experience and during key cultural and calendar moments. You’ll lead breakthrough brand strategies to drive engagement with Dashers during critical moments of the year (e.g. Healthcare Open Enrollment, Tax Season, New Years, Valentine’s Day, Halloween, etc.).
This is a unique opportunity to help define and shape a fast-growing, global brand for millions of Dashers – and prospective Dashers – around the globe with the mission of “delivering good by connecting people and possibility."
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with S&O, Product Marketing, Product, Policy, and the Dasher Community Council to establish and enhance programs and perks that meet Dashers’ needs, improve the overall Dasher experience, and increase individual profitability on the platform
- Drive awareness of differentiated perks with ground-breaking creative strategies that reach Dashers and potential Dashers, including partnering with CRM to integrate brand strategies into Dasher lifecycle marketing
- Leverage Dasher Brand Health metrics, NPS, and Retention to evaluate these innovative engagement strategies and measure impact and effectiveness
- Own an annual calendar of relevant holidays and events and create compelling campaigns that achieve business goals during key seasonal moments, including key perks and partnerships (eg Healthcare, Tax prep) and holiday moments (eg New Years, Halloween)
- You are incredibly strategic - you understand the impact of your decisions for the short and long term, and you can manage both high level strategy and detailed execution
- You are highly organized - you can efficiently manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- You are a team player - you have the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional team members within the company
- You are comfortable with creativity, execution, and analytics - you can brainstorm campaign ideas, bring them to fruition, and prove out their success
- You have a keen attention detail - you can connect the dots across strategies to ensure we are aligned and in lockstep across teams and efforts to deliver a consistent experience for our stakeholders
- You are a doer - you’ve got bias to action in your DNA, and you’re know for getting the job done
- BA or equivalent work experience, MBA preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in marketing or operations in a corporate or startup environment, 1099-business-model experience appreciated
- Thrive in a self-starter, fast-paced and changing environment
- Experience identifying, diagnosing and solving ambiguous problems
- Strong writing and communication skills, plus an innate sense for great design
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact
- Dashing experience is always a plus!
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.