About the Team
As DoorDash's largest core operating team, Customer Experience & Support ensures that when there are bumps in the last-mile there's always someone there to make things right. Our team supports consumers, dashers, and merchants who need our help via a global network of thousands of teammates answering questions and fixing the root cause of issues. We are customer obsessed and work to give each customer who contacts us the best possible experience.
About the Role
Our in-house Customer Support teams, currently based in Phoenix and Mexico City, are our frontline - helping consumers, dashers and merchants via phone, email and chat to resolve complex issues in real-time. You will be responsible for leading our in-house strategy and operations - ensuring we’re delivering a best-in-class experience for these users while providing a fulfilling, engaging career for our teammates.
Your leadership will be critical to take our operations to the next level tackling questions including:
- What is our strategy for in-house vs. outsourced support operations?
- Where geographically should we continue to grow our in-house footprint?
- How do we think of new ways of engaging our frontline team to drive customer lifetime value while driving efficiencies?
- How do we continue to build a team culture that drives the best results for our customers?
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead one of the largest international people teams at DoorDash, managing a team of Directors to deliver strong results for our customers and employees
- Own the P&L for your line of business - working with executive leadership to balance cost efficiencies with customer outcomes
- Partner cross-functionally with Customer Experience Strategy and other core operating teams reporting into our Chief Revenue offer to build a best-in-class operation
We’re excited about you because…
- You are strategic, data-driven and can work with our executive team to delivery company-level results
- You thrive leading teams and are passionate about hiring and retaining great people and have experience overseeing large operations (500+ FTE’s)
- You're oriented to the goal you're trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You don't mind digging into details, talking to customers and learning from experience
- You want to do right by our customers to provide a scalable, world-class customer experience
- You have 15+ years experience in customer experience, call center operations, support or similar
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.