Please note that our recruiting process is entirely via phone and Zoom
About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in growing our Australian business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining a fast-paced start-up and building something great! We’re looking for hustle, smarts, and deep market knowledge to enable us to best serve our consumers, Dashers, and merchants. Join our never-ending pursuit to better power economies in Australia and across the globe!
About the Role
Senior Managers are strategic leaders within DoorDash and the tip of the spear. We’re looking for unicorns–people who can think strategically at the highest level while simultaneously executing on the day to day actions necessary to achieve our goals. A Senior Manager has an aptitude for blending analytics and creativity to scope and solve complex problems and the ability to think about the short and long term goals of a market. They are self-starters, capable of leading multiple work streams to achieve the overall vision for Australia.
What you'll do
- Strategise – Consistently innovate and execute on short & long term strategies for the Dasher, customer, and merchant operations in Australia
- Analyse – Build analysis to understand your regional strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas
- Build – Generate new business by exploring growth opportunities with new and current partners for the DoorDash Marketplace and other verticals.
- Advocate – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and harness opportunities crucial to the growth of your region.
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and innovate our business
- Operate – Figure out how to get from A to B–then actually make it happen
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesising complex projects, can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans, and enjoy implementing processes.
- Flexible Learner – You can ramp from being familiar to being an expert in a matter of days.
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve.
- Elastic Thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company. You’re comfortable owning a P&L
- Owner – You’re always looking for opportunities to better your work product and own the outcome – both the good and the bad.
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
- Leader – You can build a diverse team of strong performers, helping champion development of DoorDash’s future leaders
We’re excited about you because you have…
- 8+ years' experience level in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, analytics or related experience
- Leadership skills and able to motivate teams, setting and achieving aspirational goal; you’ll either have led project teams or are ready to step into people management
- Advanced Excel skills; SQL skills are a plus
- Experience with P&L ownership preferred
- Bonus points for experience working for a high-growth startup or in a tech environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are strategic - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Delivering Good”
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for DoorDash and will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favourite local and national businesses in the United States, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to thrive.