About the Team
DoorDash is looking for a Training Operations Manager to lead a team that delivers and monitors the impact of new and continuing training for employees, as well as our business partners across the company. This role is a combination of a motivational teacher, coach, and a content designer. You will be the face of DoorDash for new hires and help increase the productivity of the entire Customer Experience organization.
What is Customer Experience? Customer Experience is a passionate org that works to provide top-notch escalated support to DoorDash Customers, Merchants, and Dashers whose deliveries have gone awry. The Training Team enables support agents to feel confident in the solutions they provide to customers through new hire and continued education. We aim to be 1% better every day!
This role will support our Customer Experience Center in Tempe, Arizona.
About the Role
A great Training Operations Manager is committed and courageous, with a proven track record of leading high-achieving teams or projects. (S)he is a meticulously organized individual, who can juggle team management, strategizing, and cross-team collaboration with grace and ease. This position calls for a self-starter who wants to innovate and be a force multiplier for fast-moving teams across the Customer Experience team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a people leader first by developing a team of quality trainers that report directly to you with targeted Training Team goals.
- Proactively identify gaps in training within Support Ops and institute targeted interventions to drive increased efficiency and quality
- Apply adult learning theory, feedback, and Ops metrics to build enhanced training programs, activities
- Encourage curiosity and foster a team that’s open, creative, and empowered to problem-solve
- Leverage your knowledge of processes across the Support Ops org to suggest improvements to processes and help operations managers implement them
- Use strong communication skills and a one-team-one-fight mentality to successfully collaborate across teams, including stepping in to facilitate if needed
- Develop a deep expertise in how DoorDash’s processes, systems, and resources work
- Work in lock-step with instructional designers and content developers
- Represent the business case, status, and impact of training initiatives in various communication channels such as weekly business reviews
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently with remote management
- You have a service mindset - You love helping people
- You have a high EQ, adept at building relationships
- You have a high bandwidth with no problem juggling multiple tasks at once
- You are a sponge, absorbing the deep knowledge of subject matter experts in diverse processes across Customer Experience
- You are a strategic thinker that’s not interested in the status quo. You love thinking about new opportunities or process improvement potential
- You are adept at using data and feedback to make clear objectives and key results
- Bachelor’s degree in education, Human Resources or relevant field preferred
- Preferred 2-5 years of people management experience
- Familiarity with training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in-classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations, etc)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in training or education
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You are bilingual in Spanish and English
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional maturity
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.