About the Role
We're looking for a Senior Marketing executive to build the content and social discipline at DoorDash. You will lead DoorDash’s content and social team, building an engaged community of support around our mission - and around the incredible stories of human & community empowerment fueled by that mission. You will drive audience engagement and followership at hyper-scale to hit business targets while partnering closely with comms, policy, brand, and creative to create differentiated content and a category-defining company. You will partner with our Growth Marketing team to deliver content that grows DoorDash’s organic footprint and moves the business - driving leads and engagement across all audiences. You will also partner with our senior leaders across the business to drive content plans, and establish the content marketing roadmap/calendar for the business holistically.
You will have experience hiring stellar talent, building teams, developing full-funnel, content and social strategies and campaigns that produce positive return on investment for global e-commerce or internet companies, and building brands that attract more than their fair share of the category. You will be comfortable thinking and communicating strategically, procedurally, creatively, and empathetically with people at all levels: C-level execs to associates. Additionally, you thrive in a hyper-growth environment with a positive attitude, strong bias-to-action, and entrepreneurial spirit. You will report to the Head of Brand Marketing.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and lead the Content and Social Marketing function at DoorDash.
- Develop the strategic framework(s), and content roadmap(s) for the entire business, across all categories, by meeting the needs of all three constituents in our marketplace.
- Develop and execute global content and social campaigns.
- Tell the story of DoorDash and inspire a global audience to follow along in our journey.
- Create the capability to respond in real time to culture and topics that are relevant to the business.
- Lead constant, iterative improvement of the DoorDash annual, and quarterly content marketing strategy and planning process.
- Advocate for a culture of learning and experimentation, and develop an organization wide appetite for strategic content and storytelling.
- Create content that drives both business and brand metrics.
We're excited about you because…
- At least 10 years of creative marketing and content experience with an impressive editorial background.
- World-class story-telling talent, and globally recognized experience developing content campaigns throughout a full marketing funnel that connects to your target audience.
- Deep understanding of the messages, stories, engagement models, and tactics that make sense with different audiences
- Ability to synthesize data, make informed decisions and balance quantitative measurement with an empathetic, intuition-based operator mindset.
- Ability to organize information in a high level way to communicate important points to partners and internal stakeholders.
- Experience identifying priority tasks and executing with speed and agility.
- Experience recruiting, leading, and developing teams
- Empathetic leadership - able to connect with people at all levels and across all functions.
- Creative - you enjoy handling unsolved problems and finding creative solutions with limited resources
- Curious - you are passionate about trying to better understand the world around us and the needs of our Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants
- Motivated - you love to manage highly cross-functional, complex projects without making mistakes or missing deadlines, and you build teams that analyze results at the most granular level
- Highly quantitative - you get excited when insights jump out of the data
- Strategic and enterprise-focused - you find trends in your data and look for the "so what"
- Collaborative - you love working with a team; both learning from & teaching others
- Fun - you enjoy what you do and love to have fun!
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.