About the Role
The Fraud Operations Lead Analyst leads all things analytics and data for the Fraud Operations team. They will need to have a deep understanding of DoorDash fraud processes and business objectives, and will ensure the fraud operations team has expertly constructed analytical tools at its disposal. Working closely with the Project Specialist, the Lead Analyst will help build the backbone of Fraud Operations systems and processes as the team continues its rapid growth. The team will look to the Lead Analyst for methods of productivity measurement, impact projection, and investigative reporting to build strong fraud defenses that are both sustainable and scalable.
This role reports directly to the Fraud Operations Manager, and will have a team of 1-2 Analysts to support tool construction. With a strong partnership with external stakeholders, the Lead Analyst will need to be a self-starter that works collaboratively towards the goal of decreasing fraud costs and protecting good users at DoorDash.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Fully own the construction and development of the analytical foundation of the fraud operations team.
- Support the rapid growth of the team by building and maintaining scalable tools and reporting.
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring that your work aligns with large scope initiatives.
- Become an expert fraud investigator to understand team needs and pain points.
We’re excited about you because…
- Technical Expert. You are able to drive the creation of team tools and reporting to increase efficiency of work in alignment with strategic goals.
- A strong problem solver: You quickly understand complex team and customer issues through research, investigations, and analysis.
- A confident decision maker: You possess strong judgment and have the ability to balance the needs of both the customer and the business.
- An efficient teacher. You build tools that are easy to understand, and build training to ensure they are executed properly.
- Excellent Communicator. You translate high scope initiatives into actionable processes, and concisely recommend solutions to the correct stakeholders.
- A team player and leader. You thrive working in a team environment, and take on growth challenges to lead small teams in ambiguous situations.
What you bring to the table…
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, degree/certification in data science or analytics preferred.
- At least 1 year of fraud investigation experience, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- At least 4 years of experience building tools and reporting for operational teams.
- Advanced Proficiency with Structured Query Language (SQL), Excel, and data visualization.
- A strong portfolio of analytics projects, with demonstrated business impact.
- A detail-oriented approach to your work. You can manage multiple, concurrent work streams where every detail matters
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.