Data is at the foundation of DoorDash success. The Data Engineering team builds database solutions for various use cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. By implementing dashboards, data structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
DoorDash is looking for a Data Reliability Engineer to be a technical powerhouse to help us measure and improve our accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance, and completeness to improve our data quality and scale our data management practices.
What you will do
- Improve data reliability through technological means. Develop and implement new technology solutions as needed to ensure ongoing improvement of data reliability and observability
- Track defect rate with continuous improvement goals to increase trust and reliability of Data
- Improve deployment efficiency by contributing to Integration and Smoke Test suites.
- Participate in new software development engineering. Help define business rules that determines the quality of data, assists the product owner in writing test scripts that validates business rules, and performs detailed and rigorous testing to ensure data quality
- Develop a solid understanding of the technical details of data domains, and clearly understand what business problems are being solved
- Engage with application, data platform and data engineering teams to help reengineer ingestion pipelines to be more stable, reliability, and instrumented with monitoring
- Design and develop real-time processing solutions for data quality
- Create and enhance data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem
- Manage Incidents, drive blameless post mortems with cross functional teams
- Design software solutions for operational metadata management, data quality, sensitive data management, and data steward activities
Hiring at various job and qualification levels.
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 7+ years experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role with a focus on reliability and scalability
- 3+ years experience with Incident Management, Jira, Monitoring/Alerting, Anomaly Detection tools such as PagerDuty, DataDog or similar systems
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python/Java
- 3+ years of experience in ETL orchestration and workflow management tools like Airflow, flink, Oozie and Azkaban using AWS/GCP
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and distributed computing
- 3+ years of experience with the Distributed data/similar ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Druid, Presto) and streaming technologies such as kafka/Flink.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Tableau, superset and Looker
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment, self starter and self organizing
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret incidents
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.