DoorDash is hiring an exceptional business-minded commercial lawyer to join our expanding legal team. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities, with ownership of projects that make an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business.
You’ll work closely with teams throughout the company, including sales, business development, operations, merchant product, and vendor management, to enable the business to continue to scale. You’ll draft and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements and help clients problem-solve at every turn. As for us, we have built a strong reputation within the company for the confident, supportive approach to our style of counsel, always with a bias for action. We’re team players and we’re always looking for ways to grow and excel together. Join us!
What You'll Do
- Negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements, from contracts with major retail brands, to complex and high-value vendor deals, to strategic, multimillion dollar vendor engagements with the biggest SaaS and tech companies in the world. We value efficiency and clear, concise drafting that drives towards a quick close.
- Work closely with other members of the legal team to identify and resolve privacy, tax and regulatory issues.
- Build and improve contract templates and legal processes. As we grow and innovate, you will be responsible for building tools and designing processes that help the business scale.
- Counsel business teams developing products to ensure legal compliance and make DoorDash's technology platform an even more powerful tool for the merchants, consumers, and delivery providers we serve.
- You have a strong track record of drafting and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements, including sales, MSAs, software and technology agreements, and partnership agreements, as well as creating repeatable, scalable processes.
- You are able to work autonomously while exercising sound judgment in a fast-paced environment.
- You are comfortable making decisions and relish ownership over projects.
- You have a proven ability to balance legal risk and business objectives.
- You see the glass as half full and pride yourself on your ability to build strong interpersonal relationships.
- JD from top law school, admitted to any state bar.
- 5+ years legal experience in a law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- At least 2 years working on commercial transactions.
- Prior in-house experience.
- Experience in the tech industry, particularly the on-demand or logistics space.
- Technology transactions, IP, or privacy experience.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $114,000 - $172,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.