About the Team
As DoorDash's largest core operating team, Customer Experience ensures that when there are bumps in the last-mile there's always someone there to make things right. Our team supports consumers, dashers, and restaurants who need our help with a global network of thousands of agents answering questions and fixing issues. We are customer obsessed and give each customer who contacts us the best possible experience.
About the Role
The Director of Training, Content and Quality sets the bar for excellence for our teammates - leading their onboarding and new hire training experience, providing ongoing learning and coaching support, and driving our knowledge management and communication infrastructure. This team of strategists, trainers, auditors and designers ensures we achieve an empathetic and memorable experience to every customer.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Establish a roadmap for delivering the next level of learning and coaching for our global workforce, prioritizing initiatives via agile management and maintaining progress to key outcomes.
- Partnering cross-functionally with our Support Strategy and Operations teams to understand their objectives and gaps.
- Measuring performance of our Support north stars for our new hires and new learning cohorts, along with the performance of your team's quarterly initiatives.
- Driving fixes to our knowledge base and Quality Assurance scorecard to make our Support offering 1% better each day.
- Ensuring performance accountability for our in-house and vendor sites to quality goals, providing rich insights on opportunities for teammates to improve.
- Drive the strategy and vision for the four core verticals under your purview: learning and development (how we envision the learning experiences and pathways to drive competency and change management), training (how we train both new and existing teammates, across both in-house and vendor sites), knowledge management (how we document processes and best practices), and quality (how we coach and audit our interactions).
- Define our learning, knowledge and coaching approach to deliver the highest possible quality from our teammates, including re-imagining our new hire onboarding experience end to end in order to reduce time to proficiency for our teammates.
- Develop a localization strategy to support our rapid international expansion for our knowledge management.
- Implement an enriched insights program to provide teammates and leaders better understanding of their quality assurance performance.
We're excited about you because…
- You have deep expertise in the learning, knowledge and QA space for global support teams
- You have a strong point of view on what learning and QA solutions teammates need to do their best work
- You thrive in a hyper-cross functional environment and can tactfully negotiate competing needs of multiple teams
- You're oriented to the goal you're trying to achieve and act with urgency to achieve it
- You have built teams / processes from the ground up, and want to dig into the details to operate at the lowest level of detail
- You want to do right by our customers to provide a scalable, world-class customer experience
- You have 10+ years experience in call center operations, training, support or related fields
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.