Data is at the foundation of DoorDash success. The Data Engineering team builds database solutions for various use cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. By implementing dashboards, data structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at DoorDash.
DoorDash is looking for a BI Engineer to be a technical powerhouse to help us scale our data infrastructure, dashboards and tools to meet growing business needs.
What you will do
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand data/reporting requirements
- Work with engineering, product teams and 3rd parties to ensure that we collect required data
- Work with the Data engineering team to design and develop right data models and pipelines for Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Own and define business KPIs, their measurement plans, data requirements and reporting
- Develop and implement scalable and easy to use reporting solutions
- Build processes to ensure correct, timely and reliable reporting
- Address ad-hoc reporting requirements and find pathways for automation
- Build and enforce common design patterns to increase report reusability, readability and standardization
- Familiarity with Data Governance concepts
- Manage reliability and scaling of portfolio of reports
- Mentor and coach team members to improve their designs and solutions
Hiring at various job and qualification levels.
- 3+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years experience working in business intelligence, data analytics, Data engineering or a similar role
- 3+ years of experience in building reporting and dashboarding solutions using tools such as Tableau, Sigma, Looker, Superset
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and performance tuning
- Experience building reporting and dashboarding solutions using data lake/data warehouses on Hadoop/similar ecosystem
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment, self starter and self organizing
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
Nice to Haves:
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Python/Java (D3)
- Prior experience of reporting automation using Python, tabcmd, reporting APIs
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection