About the Team
DoorDash is looking for top-talent to play a pivotal role in building our business in Canada! This is an exciting opportunity to create something great together and be a part of a global startup changing how local economies grow. We're looking for people with deep market knowledge who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills to help us best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Head of Policy and Government Relations to help build and lead our policy and government relations efforts in Canada. You will guide our government relations strategy executing an ambitious agenda and making an immediate impact on a fast-growing, dynamic business. You have a passion for policy, an excellent understanding of the political and regulatory environment in Canada, demonstrated experience working at the nexus of business and politics, well-established relationships with political bodies and decision-makers, and the determination to represent DoorDash in trade associations and relevant fora.
You will report into the Director, Head of Government Relations on our Public Policy team.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Help build DoorDash's Canada practice and craft and execute our government relations strategy
- Build relationships with political partners including policymakers and administrative authorities
- Represent DoorDash at regulatory hearings, including by providing testimony
- Participate in trade groups, industry associations, and leadership groups on behalf of the company
- Work with other members of the policy team to mobilize all participants in our three-sided marketplace to support DoorDash's political strategy
- Work with policy development leads to craft policy solutions that serve our needs while serving our community and meeting political realities
- Coordinate with industry and trade associations
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Law, Political Science, International Affairs, Government, Public Affairs, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 10+ years working experience in the field of public policy or government relations
- You thrive under pressure and have a proven ability to achieve ambitious policy outcomes
- You have a deep understanding of government relations, including in implementing regulatory and public policy positions and strategies, grassroots organizing, and the mechanics of policymaking
- Professional Working Proficiency of French is considered an asset
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.