About the Team
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
About the Role
Data is at the foundation of Chowbotics success. The Data Engineering team builds database solutions for various use cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. By implementing dashboards, data structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at Chowbotics.
To lead the growing team of Data and BI engineers we are looking for managers who are passionate about Data and are thought leaders in coaching, guiding and leading teams to make Data a winning edge for Chowbotics.
About the Role
Chowbotics is looking for a Data Engineering Manager, to guide the development of enterprise-scale data solutions. This manager will also act as a technical expert on all things related to data architecture to empower the greater community of data engineers, data scientists, and DoorDash partners.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You are a people leader. You thrive in hiring, building, growing and nurturing impactful business focused data teams.
- You are a technology leader. You drive the technical and strategic vision for the embedded pods and foundational enablers to meet current and future needs for scale and interoperability
- You strive for continuous improvement of data architecture and development process.
- You think of quick wins while planning for long term strategy and engineering excellence. You are excited about breaking down large systems into easy to use data assets and reusable components.
- You are excited about cross collaboration with stakeholders, external partners and peer data leaders.
- You are a planner and executioner. You know the tools to plan for short term and long term team and stakeholder success.
- You think of reliability and quality as must have.
- 10+ years of experience working in data engineering, business intelligence or a related domain
- 4+ years of hands-on management experience
- 4+ years of experience hiring and growing teams.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills, with a proven ability to operate in a fast moving environment.
- Experience of performance management, coaching, mentoring and growing teams.
- Hands-on approach to closing gaps in data infrastructure and technical execution, able to code in SQL and Python
- Prior experience with Snowflake/Redshift, AWS/GCP, Hadoop/Spark/Big data, Lambda/KAPPA architectures, Flink/Airflow
- Prior experience with large scale batch/real time ETL orchestration
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.