About the Team
Chowbotics is at the forefront of bringing automation into the food industry as part of DoorDash. We develop and ship robots that enable convenience through food automation. Our robots are often characterized as compact micro-restaurants that can provide customizable, fresh, healthy meals in closer proximity to consumers than any other food source. We are a team of engineers and innovators that have exciting plans for scaling and developing cloud-managed advanced food robots.
About the Role
Data is at the foundation of Chowbotics success. The Data Engineering team builds database solutions for various use cases including reporting, product analytics, marketing optimization and financial reporting. By implementing dashboards, data structures, and data warehouse architecture; this team serves as the foundation for decision-making at Chowbotics.
Chowbotics is looking for a Data Engineer to be a technical powerhouse to help us scale our data infrastructure, dashboards and tools to meet growing business needs.
We are hiring at all levels.
What you will do
- Work with business partners and stakeholders to understand data/reporting requirements
- Work with engineering, product teams and 3rd parties to collect required data
- Design, develop and implement large scale, high volume, high performance data models and pipelines for Data Lake and Data Warehouse.
- Develop and implement data quality checks, conduct QA and implement monitoring routines.
- Build and implement ETL frameworks to improve code quality and reliability
- Build and enforce common design patterns to increase code maintainability
- Manage reliability and scaling of portfolio of pipelines and data marts
- Document new and existing models, solutions, and implementations
- Mentor and coach team members to improve their designs and solutions
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 7+ years experience working in data engineering, business intelligence, or a similar role
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Python/Java
- 3+ years of experience in ETL orchestration and workflow management tools like Airflow, flink, Oozie and Azkaban using AWS/GCP
- Expert in Database fundamentals, SQL and distributed computing
- 3+ years of experience with the Distributed data/similar ecosystem (Spark, Hive, Druid, Presto) and streaming technologies such as kafka/Flink.
- Experience working with Snowflake, Redshift, PostgreSQL and/or other DBMS platforms
- Excellent communication skills and experience working with technical and non-technical teams
- Knowledge of reporting tools such as Tableau, superset and Looker
- Comfortable working in fast paced environment, self starter and self organizing
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in all 50 US states, Canada, and Australia. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash Engineering blog or www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.