About the Team
The Workplace Strategy & Operations team creates and operates offices that allow people to make a difference. We are building and operating offices that are inclusive, inspirational and at the same time functional. We want to remove any friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from being their most successful.
You'll be part of a team that runs things on the ground and remotely, creating workplaces that are functional and efficient for our MidWest employees and guests. We need you to oversee the daily tasks that help keep our offices moving forward.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Workplace Services Coordinator to report to the Regional WPS Manager, MidWest to support our hyper-growing team. You will work out of our Tempe, AZ corporate space. You will need to have an ability to take thoughtful initiative, and have the desire to go above and beyond.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be an ambassador of the Workplace Strategy & Operations team, ensuring all employees have a comfortable and functional work space to perform well in their job
- You will learn the "ins and outs" of what happens behind the scenes of our super busy office environment, and what it takes to help our teams perform at high levels
- Maintain functionality of our office equipment and general office spaces by conducting regular "walk-throughs" to perform ongoing facilities maintenance inspections
- Use our ticketing system for receiving and responding to company program and office repair requests, determining the nature of the problem(s) and either completing the request or recommending appropriate solutions to employees
- Oversee set-ups and tear-downs of multi-purpose spaces, meeting rooms, and training rooms
- Collect and store packages and mail; including sorting and delivery
- Conduct overviews and react according to address the needs of the spaces, including furniture needs, office and kitchen supplies, and important repairs and maintenance
We're excited about you because…
- Have vendor management skills
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering to guide our culture and build our common goals
- Aim to be 1% Better Everyday by embracing being open to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task.
- Have 2+ years of recent facilities experience providing direct office support
- Earned a High School Diploma or equivalent; BA/BS
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.