About the Role...
DoorDash is looking for Workforce Planning Manager to help our customer support team scale to meet the rapid growth of our international last-mile logistics platform. You will help lead how we scale and staff support for our most important Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. Your role will involve a mix of forecasting, vendor management, and the ability to operationalize complex staffing solutions quickly.
You will use your background in building highly functional teams while delivering outstanding Service level agreements through massive month-over-month growth. You’re comfortable forecasting for the unknown, providing direction and guidance in uncertainty, and are able to set and execute against a plan. This role will work cross functionally with our product experience, Finance, Recruiting, and Analytics teams.
You will report to DoorDash’s Senior Manager of Workforce Planning
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Ensure our global network of internal and outsourced support agents are scheduled and deployed as efficiently as possible.
- Build out and improve our workforce planning model to meet the demands of our ever-changing business.
- Build out new lines of businesses and support - balancing planning needs within our Mexico City site.
- Manage a growing team of on-site planners, and work cross functionally with experience and global workforce planning on new initiatives.
- Identify opportunities for improving support staffing, thinking outside the box and operating at the lowest level of detail.
- Bring to life DoorDash’s core value, ‘Bias to Action’, by responding to challenges with a data-driven first-principles approach
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at 5+ years previous experience in Workforce Management/Planning or Data Analysis for Support.
- You have at least 2 years experience leading a high functioning planning team
- You have developed a deep understanding of forecasting models and capacity plans with different omni channel types (social, email, chat, and phone).
- You’re action-oriented, never letting great be the enemy of the good.
- You are able to lead projects and move cross functional teams forward.
- You’re collaborative and will quickly develop strong, productive and collegial relationships with our important company partners.
- You can use a range of tools to build and communicate data-driven recommendations; Excel a must, SQL a plus.
- You have experience with workforce tools (Verint a plus)
- BA/BS in an applicable discipline or equivalent relevant experience.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $99,000 - $129,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.