About the Team
On the Chowbotics Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate efficiently on the platform.
About the Role
As a Senior Associate, Strategy & Operations supporting Chowbotics, you are a critical piece of DoorDash's growth and success in every market in which we operate. You will be responsible for owning the success of a vertical, creating new internal tools/processes, leading strategic projects, and working side-by-side with our Product team to build new product features. The Strategy & Ops role is a unique opportunity to both lead and execute our go-to-market strategies for our fresh food robot.
As the team grows, we are looking to tackle problems that will help the company scale and continually improve the quality of our Partners' experience. Projects will include running pilots with our Merchant partners, building out dashboards for the team, defining metrics that will drive the business forward, holding the team accountable to achieve our goals, and finding new ways to improve internal processes.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Understand the needs and wants of merchants, prioritize them by impact on the business, and work to co-create solutions with Account Managers.
- Implement – Drive new DoorDash merchant initiatives and provide feedback to our product team to improve the way we do things
- Analyze – Build the analytics infrastructure, metrics and tools that will help to serve, retain and grow our most important merchants
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Operations, and Sales teams to make sure merchants have the best possible experience when using DoorDash's services
We're excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- You have experience leading projects, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You're an excellent analytical thinker who can provide applicable recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL experience preferred
- Experience in a customer-facing or relationship management role is a plus
- You're a self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You're naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.