About the Team
The US Markets team manages the multiple products of DoorDash as a portfolio of individual markets, identifying regional and local opportunities to accelerate growth for our centralized product teams within an integrated strategy.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Senior Manager to join the Strategy & Operations team to accelerate growth opportunities in the Boston and DC areas.
You have experience blending analytics and creativity to scope and implement solutions, working as an individual contributor and as part of a larger team. You move deliberately and with speed. You can reliably manage multiple work streams at a low level of detail
You will report to the New York General Manager and expand our presence in the New York metro area, encompassing all businesses and products (e.g., DoorDash, Caviar) within the DoorDash platform.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze – Build SQL data analysis and compile first-hand inputs from consumers/restaurants/dashers to understand your regional strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas across different products.
- Experiment - Run tests and scale insights. Embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer. Building a business in a competitive market will not be easy.
- Operate – Figure out how to get from A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Build – Explore growth opportunities alongside our partners in Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to support strategic projects and harness opportunities crucial to the growth of your region.
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day.
We're excited about you because…
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000-foot level and at the 10-inch level.
- You are an owner – You crave responsibility and want to shape the direction of the market.
- You are resilient – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- You play nice in the sandbox – You can motivate people at different levels across a variety of job responsibilities.
- You have a talent for managing complex projects, converting high-level goals into action, and converting insights into scalable processes.
- You have 8+ years of experience in operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, banking, analytics, high-growth or early-stage startup experience or related experience;
- You have SQL and Excel (can perform complex functions) knowledge
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here learns on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.