About The Team
The Facility Operations team maintains facilities across the globe that allow the operators to make a difference. We are building and operating facilities that are inclusive, inspirational and at the same time safe and functional. We want to remove any friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing their very best.
About The Role
DoorDash is looking for a Facility Operations lead who will report to the Facility Operations Manager and help grow the New Verticals portfolio that includes DashMarts and Kitchens. You will support multi-unit facility operations in the US, Canada, Australia, and Japan. You will coordinate facility repairs for all locations to minimize downtime, maximum productivity and provide equipment-related technical support for the field team.
You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
- Promptly respond to maintenance request through work order system and follow up with operations and vendor to validate the work is completed to our standards
- Develop landlord and property manager relationships. Coordinate R&M with property management/landlords
- Be the contact for the field organization and vendors, serves as the escalation point for facility emergencies
- Plan with vendors for emergency and incident management planning
- Represent Facility Operations during pre-construction site reviews
- Attend turnover of new facilities to validate complete asset has been handed off to the Facilities team
- Deploy capital projects; scope, schedule, budget (e.g. security, tech, and asset management projects)
- Provide periodic reports on repair activities
- Add and modify preventative maintenance programs for equipment
- Maintain certificates of insurance, indemnification agreements and permits
- Develop and maintain vendor network for each trade and market area to ensure readiness to response and set up for new locations
- Monitor refrigerators and temperature control systems and troubleshoot issues
- Maintain and help develop a database for maintenance history, assets, warranty, service manuals and reference materials for each location in the fleet
- Create references and troubleshooting guidelines
- Coordinate utility and waste/recycling set-ups
- Travel up to 40% for site inspections and to support launching new facilities
We're excited about you because you…
- Have working knowledge of construction, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, and refrigeration
- Handle emergency situations quickly to minimize business impact
- 3 -5 years experience in facilities or construction management
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by building on our common goals.
- Aim to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Have a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.