About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hypergrowth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers, and retailers across the United States, Canada and Australia. As a manager on our Strategic Initiatives team, you’ll be responsible for articulating our go-to-market strategy for our next billion dollar venture.
Drive is a white label order fulfillment service where our Merchants receive orders from their own customers. Using their native channels, the Merchant is responsible for ingesting the order, tendering customers’ payment, and requesting the dasher from DoorDash. See here for more information.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Build and own the business – Build a new business vertical from the ground up. Drive growth and manage the P&L.
- Go-to-market strategy – Build a strong understanding of product market fit, value proposition, pricing, and the competitive landscape, and develop a go-to-market strategy based on these inputs.
- Improve the product – Guide operational improvements for our merchant partners by understanding their needs and working with internal partners to design solutions throughout the product experience.
- Business development – Develop and foster deep relationships with top priority merchant partners to iterate and grow the business.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Product, Engineering, Finance, Analytics, Support, Sales and Account Management teams to drive growth and scale.
- Experiment – Evaluate and test various revenue, cost and quality drivers.
We’re excited about you because…
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Humble – You’re willing to get your hands dirty and you’re open to feedback.
- Problem Solver – You have a talent for synthesizing complex problems and can translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Persuasive – You’re excellent at motivating potential partners to see the benefits DoorDash Drive will bring to their business
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Masters Degree or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, or operations; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast-moving environment
- You are an excellent analytical thinker who can provide applicable recommendations out of complex datasets; advanced SQL experience preferred
- Your expert communication and interpersonal skills set you apart
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.