About the Team
The DoorDash Recruiting Team is focused on building DoorDash culture, one quality hire at a time. We partner with hiring teams to execute recruiting strategies that help DoorDash to hire qualified candidates in the most efficient and unbiased ways.
We're looking for a Director of Technical Recruiting to oversee our Product & Design recruiting efforts. DoorDash is growing and scaling at an unprecedented rate, and you will play a critical role in helping shape the technical recruiting function as we build to fully realize DoorDash’s dream: to grow and empower local economies. We’re focused on improvement — from moving faster to leveling up the quality of our product — and our work is never complete. If you’re looking to define your career as part of something greater than yourself, come scale with us.
About the Role
The Director of Technical Recruiting - Product & Design will be responsible for developing and driving our recruiting strategy at scale. You will lead a team of 12 in the short term, who support hiring across our Product Management, Business Applications, and Product Design recruiting efforts. You will lead the hiring strategy and execution across our Product organization leadership team, and report directly to the Sr. Director, Technical Recruiting - Product, Design, & Analytics in our People organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Lead DoorDash’s Product & Design recruiting strategy with a focus on acquiring top diverse talent to meet our current and future hiring needs.
- Attract, develop, and retain recruiters and recruiting managers of all levels and capabilities, with a focus on industry knowledge and innovation.
- Deploy forecasting, reporting, and analytics rigor to track key recruiting metrics and measure progress against team OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Deliver ongoing reports to track results, impact, hiring quality, and cost-effectiveness of the recruiting team.
- Use information to detect trends/insights and adjust the strategy to optimize the impact of the team.
- Proactively communicate strategy updates and team productivity to recruiting leadership and hiring teams.
- Provide expert guidance to our leaders and hiring managers to attract, select, onboard, and retain highly-skilled candidates.
- Contribute to the design, implementation, and maintenance of processes, tools, and systems needed to scale and support the recruiting team in both the short and long term.
- Focus on building out proactive hiring strategies supporting org design, succession planning, and always-on talent pipeline.
- Develop employment brand opportunities and partner with our cross-functional teams to create one-to-many strategic talent engagements with prospective talent pools.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are an authentic, inspiring and hands-on leader with experience driving, building and scaling recruiting teams in hyper-growth environments.
- You are a beacon for the best recruiters — they seek you out and will follow you anywhere.
- You build trusted relationships with people at all levels, across multiple functions and in all geographies.
- You have a bias for action and have an inner drive and fierce commitment to excel in the pursuit of business goals.
- You possess a penchant for seeking out new experiences, knowledge, and candid feedback and an openness to learning and change.
- You have the courage to take on difficult goals and bounce back from adversity in the face of challenges.
- You have 10 years of recruiting or equivalent business experience, with at least 5 years of experience leading and managing high-performing teams within a hyper-growth environment at progressive companies.
- You have an understanding of technology and/or logistics industries and extensive experience leading in-house, geographically dispersed recruiting teams.
- You're skilled at using data and analytics to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You have a strong point of view on how diversity and inclusion play a key role in a company’s success, track record of leading teams to achieve diversity recruiting goals, and proven success working with internal and external diversity partners.
- You have adaptable and superior communication skills (verbal, written, and presentation) at all levels (individual contributor to executive level).
Why you’ll love working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders — Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators — We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners — Everyone here is continuously learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team — The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $161,000 - $241,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.