About the Team
Point of Sale (POS) Activations ensures that our partners across all markets have a successful integration to their POS system for partners going live for the first time on the platform, or existing partners switching to new POS providers. As an extension of the Merchant Services onboarding teams, the POS Activations Team is responsible for configuring stores for integration, ingesting menus, checking for quality with a variety of internal tools, troubleshooting technical issues with providers, and communicating with multiple audiences in the Point of Sale line of business to ensure the highest quality onboarding experience is provided.
About the Role
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will work with our POS Strategy & Operations, Engineering, Product, and Onboarding teams by identifying trends, performing root cause analysis of issues, activating all partners with a variety of tools. You will be handling escalations from important merchants, serve as an expert for multiple partners, and improving the onboarding workflows for all POS providers partnering with DoorDash. Additionally, you will help document and train other teams on POS processes, promoting the vision of POS at DoorDash across multiple teams.
Work Schedule: 7 AM - 3 PM Monday - Friday, or 8 AM - 4 PM M-F (AZ Time MST). Flexible schedule to work nights or weekends to cover the international growth of the business.
You will report to the Supervisor on our POS Activations team in our Merchant Services organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Work with multiple teams including product, strategy & operations, engineering, support, and sales to coordinate a seamless merchant onboarding experience.
- Get in the weeds to root cause issues, and prevent them from happening again
- Use current tools to improve workflows for POS Activations and work with your peers to maximize the output of the team
- Be an expert for your peers and partner across the company; stepping in to help troubleshoot issues, integrating 1-100 merchants on any given day, and weighing in on product solutions to ensure they fit the needs of the POS Activations team
- Build easy-to-understand, relevant, insightful content - you will add value by helping our teams to find the right answer in the right place at the right time.
- Develop and revise documentation within the organization to coordinate on a source of truth. Champion learning and development – not settling for good enough, ensuring that your work today is better than it was yesterday.
We're excited about you because…
- You have demonstrated a commitment to solving problems and troubleshooting - you enjoy diagnosing issues and developing creative approaches to solving challenges
- You excel as part of a quick moving team.
- You can organize content in a way that is easily digestible by different audiences.
- You are good at prioritizing tasks.
- You work well in both independent and diverse team environments.
- You love data and are comfortable analyzing large datasets and performing operations using bulk tools.
- You have 1+ years of experience working with Excel & Google Sheets
- You have 1+ years of experience working with Salesforce
- You are familiar with SQL and tools such as Mode/Chartio/Tableau
- You have experience managing projects with tools like Asana
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.