About the Team
DoorDash Drive is our hyper-growth fulfillment platform serving restaurants, grocers and retailers across the United States, Canada, Australia and Japan. The Drive New Platform Products & Services team builds new capabilities that unlock new revenue opportunities adjacent to our core fulfillment product. Our mission is to provide restaurants around the globe with the building blocks to power their ecommerce businesses. You’ll help us recognize our vision of unbundling the DoorDash marketplace into a platform product suite.
About the Role
We are looking for someone to lead our current value-added services portfolio as well as launch and scale our next high-growth businesses on Drive. You are a first-principles thinker who is both a strategist and a builder. Reporting to the Senior Director of Drive Restaurants, you’ll own and launch our new businesses, sell your vision, and work with product, sales, operations, business development, finance and other teams to make your vision a reality.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Steer the development, adoption, scaling and prioritization of new verticals and business opportunities while leading an all-star team
- Research, ideate, incubate new businesses and develop a framework for assessing the financial and operational drivers of these new businesses
- Define the long term vision and tech needed to offer best in class value-added services to restaurants across the globe
- Identify new opportunities for Drive that expand our service offering and addressable market
- Work with business development to contribute to pitch decks and sales content to help create new business opportunities
- Develop long-term business plans alongside our collaborators and customers to grow our businesses together
- Implement product testing and roll-outs on the ground
- Work with team members across DoorDash to align companywide resources to help build out our fulfillment business
We’re excited about you because you...
- 10+ years of cross-functional leadership experience
- 5+ years of leadership and management experience
- Are a self-starter who is energized by a difficult problem
- Like to build
- Move quickly without sacrificing quality
- Are excited to test and learn
- Aren’t afraid of failure, and have demonstrated success in the face of roadblocks
- Display a high degree of ownership for projects
- Can be scrappy to hack solutions with limited resources
- Experience in a complex or high-growth environment required
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or Masters Degree a plus
- Logistics, Product Management, Business Development and/or Partnerships experience a plus
- Strong data retrieval, analytics and presentation skills required
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.