Senior Project Manager, International Expansion, International S&O
About The Team
DoorDash is looking for qualified candidates to help grow our international business! This is a rare opportunity for people who are excited about joining an energizing startup and driving our next wave of growth internationally! We're looking for tenacity, smarts, and deep market knowledge; individuals who are inspired to bring their vision, passion and skills, to help us best serve our merchants, Dashers and consumers. Join us in our global mission to empower and grow local economies.
The newly launched International Strategy and Operations team develops, executes, and operates DoorDash's International Expansion Strategy. This lean group of operators will create the plan to guide our next wave of growth, launch new countries and operate them. This is an exciting opportunity to work on one of the company's top growth priorities.
About the Role
The Senior Project Manager of International Expansion will oversee the execution of international country launches from a project management perspective, including, driving cross-functional alignment across a complex set of workstreams and large group of stakeholders, removing any potential bottlenecks and ensuring we stay “on track” at all times. They will also be responsible for developing and continuing to evolve our new country launch “playbook.” As a leader on the newly launched International Expansion Team, the Sr. Manager will also drive weekly and monthly business reviews with the leadership team.
This is an exciting, business-side, startup role. There's no such thing as a typical day, and to excel, you can't just be smart – you have to be self-motivated, have exceptional interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and be highly analytical. We're looking for strong performers who can move fast to get things done, have a natural aptitude for blending creativity and analytics to devise innovative solutions, and are excited by the idea of bringing DoorDash to the world. If this sounds like you – read on!
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Manage - Create and own workflows that keep launch projects on track from beginning to end to build a successful business foundation.
- Structure - Create a tracking and reporting cadence to drive the project forward in a timely fashion.
- Strategize – Consistently innovate and execute on unique strategies for dasher, customer, and merchant operations in our top priority markets
- Experiment - Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from pickup times to restaurant selection in new markets.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to drive strategic initiatives and improve new market opportunities.
We are excited about you because...
- You have 7+ years of complex project management experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a bonus
- You are excellent at working with latest project management tools and programs
- You want to affect change every day and can operate in energizing environments
- You enjoy solving problems and can translate high-level goals into executional plans
- You want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most important growth and profitability metrics
- You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- You have an ability to build partnerships at all levels across a variety of responsibilities to achieve common goals
- You are comfortable operating at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level
- You're always looking for opportunities to better your work product and lead the outcome – both the good and the bad
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- You have international work experience (a plus!)
- You have generalist experience – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.