About the Team
The US Markets Strategy & Operations team manages the US market as a portfolio of individual markets and focuses on identifying and working on important strategic growth opportunities that arise in the US market.
About the Role
General Managers are strategic leaders within DoorDash. We're looking for unicorns – people who can operate at the highest level while simultaneously managing the production of the daily actions necessary to achieve our goals. You have experience blending analytics, the creativity to scope and the ability to think about the short and long term goals of a market. You can work on multiple work streams to achieve the vision for the region.
You will report to the Sr. Director of California and be focused on driving profitability and growth within California.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize – Develop and work on the strategies for the dasher, customer, and merchant operations within your region.
- Analyze – Build analysis to understand your regional strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas.
- Manage - Analyze your P&L to identify investment opportunities, cost drivers and potential future revenue streams.
- Build – Create new business by exploring growth opportunities with our partners for the DoorDash Marketplace and other departments.
- Advocate – Work with our Operations, Product, Engineering, Business Operations, Sales, BD, and Marketing teams to create strategic projects and harness opportunities crucial to the growth of your region.
- Lead – Build your team to achieve your goals.
- Experiment – Use a data-driven approach and marketplace knowledge to identify improvement opportunities, run tests, and make our business 1% better everyday.
- Operate – Figure out how to get from A to B and then actually make it happen.
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day.
We're excited about you because…
- You are an elastic thinker – You can operate at both the 10,000 foot level and at the 10 inch level.
- You are creative – You want to shape the direction of the company. You're comfortable managing a P&L.
- You are a generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business..
- You can build a diverse team of strong performers, helping champion development of DoorDash's future leaders.
- You have 7+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience.
- You have experience leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment.
- You have Excel (can perform complex functions and modeling) and SQL knowledge.
- You have experience with P&L ownership.
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.