About the role
We're looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to own brand and performance marketing in Australia across the three sides of DoorDash's marketplace: consumer, Dasher and merchant. In this role, you will be responsible for defining the marketing strategy for Australia, hiring and scaling a team of local marketing experts, collaborating with the Australia GM, our international operations team, and our global marketing team, owning critical growth KPIs for the market.
You'll manage multi-million dollar monthly budgets in a highly-visible strategic role that touches multiple sides of our market: consumers, dashers, and merchants. You will lead a local team of marketers that work with product managers, analysts, and engineers, all of whom are motivated to grow the DoorDash business within Australia. We are looking for someone with the ability to understand the perspective of a CFO, a product manager, an operator, and our customers, merchants, and Dashers.
You're excited about the role because you will...
- Develop and own the marketing strategy in Australia, and craft marketing plans that support our growth goals across customer acquisition and retention
- Oversee the allocation of a multi-million dollar monthly budget across all marketing activities (brand, performance, insights, promos, partnerships) to achieve specific business targets (acquisition, retention, and brand health)
- Work with country leadership in support the vision and strategy, and work with Strategy, Operations, and Product teams to build solutions that are unique to the Australian market
- Build the marketing team and agency relationships across performance, brand, partnerships, CRM, and creative to develop and execute campaigns from start to finish
- Dive deep into market, competitor, and macro trend insights to set up foundational understanding that leads to outsized success
- Add and experiment with new marketing channels and initiatives while solidifying channels
- Ensure all marketing campaigns are measured and optimised based on results; work with analytics devise measurement plans for high-impact marketing programs
We're excited about you because…
You have a history of progressive responsibility in multiple marketing disciplines throughout Australia. You're as comfortable with digital and programmatic marketing as you are with brand strategy, and you know how to develop and execute on a full funnel marketing strategy. You have experience allocating and deploying multi-million dollar budgets to drive specific business results.
Historically, you've built teams that are as high output as they are diverse; both in background and in skillset. Your leadership and work history likely includes working for an international consumer company, and you have experience with marketplaces. Besides hard skills, you have are keen to get hands-on and are excited by taking on hard responsibilities.
- 10+ years of progressive marketing experience across the marketing mix including brand building and direct response
- 6+ years of team management and employee development experience across brand, performance, creative, and CRM
- 6+ years of experience in a data intensive and strategic role
- Experience developing and overseeing multi-million dollar budgets and essential business metrics including acquisition and brand health targets
- Use analytics and work with complex datasets to understand performance, improve campaigns and measure outcomes
- Focus on improvement
- Experience managing large consumer marketplaces
- Experience working for (and launching!) an international brand in Australia
- Interest and passion in on-demand logistics
- Quirky interests - we think different, we act different, we are different; that's how we win
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave, and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.