About the Team
The Finance & Strategy team accelerates the growth of our business by implementing new opportunities and solutions. We partner with teams across the company to improve the profitability, scalability and defensibility of our business model. We're looking for those who can model the future and collaborate to help carry projects from conception through execution.
About the Role
We are looking for someone who will help guide our strategy in Canada. You will be the strategic driver to important partners across DoorDash to ensure we are making the most efficient investment and capital allocation decisions while improving the experience for all of our marketplace participants. You will lead financial reporting, and will promote financial insights and direction for all of our operational decisions and strategies.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Oversee the full P&L and understand all the levers to improve our approach to balancing growth vs. profitability
- Be the Finance voice at the table
- Deep-dive into complex operational questions and collaborate outside Finance (Operations, Product, Marketing, Legal) and within Finance (Accounting, Analytics, BI) to uncover the most data-driven decisions and investments
- Be the source of truth for weekly financial reporting and forecasting, and quarterly financial planning for the business
- Identify important opportunities and risks to the business, measure and evaluate the impacts, propose a solution and investment case, and ensure efficient execution
We're excited about you because…
- Strategic Finance, Corporate Finance or Investment Banking experience at a high-growth technology startup or well-established company
- Experience in project management and managing budgets for major departments within an organization
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) and financial modeling skills. Build financial models used by teams throughout the company, and to size the impacts of opportunities and business cases for pursuing new programs
- Basic SQL proficiency (or willingness to learn). Manipulate large datasets, uncover hidden insights in our data, and improve our understanding of our business through this process
- Experience with marketplace, logistics or consumer business
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel. Click here to learn more.