About the Team
The Merchant is at the core of DoorDash. The Merchant Team, one of the largest in the company, powers many facets of our business and is one of the primary drivers of growth and revenue. We are looking for a motivated and hands-on operator to support our Merchant Strategy & Planning function. In this role, you'll drive end-to-end planning activities for our Merchant Org, including building our long-term vision and key metrics, driving new initiatives, and aligning key stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Analytics, Sales, Operations, Marketing, and more
About the Role
We're hiring a Manager, Merchant Strategy & Planning, who will develop frameworks, processes and reporting to drive critical performance objectives across the Merchant organization, help build the overarching strategy and vision for the Merchant team, and drive special projects to enable our Merchant audience. You will work cross-functionality to achieve business goals by tracking performance metrics, running business reviews and establishing planning processes. You will report into the Senior Manager, Merchant Strategy & Planning, on our Merchant Strategy & Operations team in our Merchant organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Influence with High Visibility & Impact – Work cross-functionally across the Merchant Organization and broader DoorDash to align on key priorities, North Star Objectives and resourcing needs
- Strategize – Craft DoorDash's Merchant Strategy, defining strategic and operational objectives
- Program Manage - Drive accountability across the organization and ensure a highly structured approach to operations, business reporting/meetings, feedback loops, budgeting, and go-to-market
- Implement – Drive go to market planning for new DoorDash merchant initiatives and track or update business priorities throughout the year
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests or develop insights to inform strategic initiatives
We're excited about you because…
- You have 4+ years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / program management / technology / banking or related experience
- You have a BA degree in business or relevant fields
- You have a proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally, and succeeding in a team first environment
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- You have excellent analytical and Excel skills (can perform complex functions); SQL knowledge is a plus
- You have a passion for continuous process improvement and collaboration, love problem solving, building relationships and finding ways to organize and make sense of highly ambiguous and complex challenges
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.