A core part of Doordash's successful strategy has been building a platform to serve local merchants. One of the main drivers of business for restaurants is the ability to offer promotions to grow their businesses on Doordash marketplace. This plus the capability to target these offerings to specific consumer cohorts has been a successful growth lever for merchants.
The Promotion Platform team is responsible for building the products that facilitate this business growth through promotions. From specific types of promotions, to self serve tools to create and run them, providing insights about the performance of the promotions, and recommendations on how to improve them.
About Ads & Commerce
DoorDash has built a massive user ecosystem - millions of monthly purchasers, hundreds of thousands of merchants and active monthly dashers. As we become an essential part of local economies, relevant paid content and promotions for our audiences will enhance the core ecosystem [sticky consumers, merchants, dashers], drive company volume, and increase profitability of every DoorDash transaction. We built an Ads & Commerce business unit that provides digital solutions to help advertisers reach all DoorDash audiences - restaurant offers for consumers, product specials for merchants, gas discounts for dashers.
In this organization we are focused on surfacing relevant paid content and promotions from our merchant audience and third party advertisers to our consumer audience.
What You’ll Achieve
- You will lead a full stack product team of engineers working closely with product partners to increase variable profit through increasing merchant adoption of promotions and help hit the org’s revenue goal.
- Extend promotion platform’s offering to power more complex functionalities for merchants.
- You should have a good product sense and solve for the merchant’s pain points working alongside product managers.
- Architecting end to end solutions spanning web, mobile and backend.
- Extend or add new POS integrations to enterprise merchants.
- Inspire your team with your technical vision and create alignment necessary to execute on it.
- Recruit and retain talented software engineers working across different disciplines.
- Rolling up your sleeves with hands on contributions when necessary.
- Coaching, mentoring and providing career guidance.
- Committed - you’ll do whatever it takes to deliver.
- You’re an owner - you own the outcome regardless of the circumstances.
- Customer obsessed - you care about Doordash customers globally, from consumers to dashers and merchants.
- Adaptable, resilient, and able to thrive in ambiguity - things change quickly in our fast-paced company and you’ll need to be able to keep up!
- Humble - you’re willing to jump in and you’re open to feedback.
- Growth-minded - you enjoy driving projects to hit business goals and growing Doordash business globally
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of industry experience
- You have at least 2 years experience in an engineering management role.
- Prior experience in distributed systems, mobile or web applications.
- Product Engineering - you've built consumer facing features, web tools for internal and external customers.
- Worked with product managers, operators, designers and data analysts.
Familiarity with the following technologies
- Web and Mobile development and release cycles.
- Distributed systems and API design.
- Kotlin, Swift, React, GraphQL.
- Cloud based environment and technologies such as AWS, Kubernetes.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.