About the Team
The Strategy & Operations team is responsible for strategic growth at DoorDash. Strategy & Operations Associates help define the value of new initiatives, and run and refine experiments to drive growth. You will dive into data to explain market performance at the lowest level of detail, create high-impact strategies, and work side-by-side with external teams to make those a reality.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to help grow and manage California Markets. Strategy and Operations Associates are the heart and soul of DoorDash. In a typical day, Strategy and Operations Associates may complete a variety of tasks such as conceiving and completing experiments to improve our efficiency, diving into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, building reports, models, and tools that allow teams to grow their work, and working side-by-side with Merchant, Dasher and other local teams to help shape our future growth. You will report to the General Manager of the Los Angeles region in our Strategy & Operations organization.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze – Build data analysis, learn to use SQL, and compile first-hand inputs from consumers/restaurants/dashers to understand Southern California’s strengths and weaknesses, competitive pressures and opportunity areas across different products.
- Engage – Implement scalable programs and best practices to provide an outstanding operation (i.e. make sure we have Dashers on the road, where we need them, when we need them).
- Experiment – Use data to run tests on everything from merchandising, consumer growth and merchant operations. Embrace the challenge of having multiple paths forward and no right answer.
- Collaborate – Explore growth opportunities alongside our partners in Operations, Business Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams to support strategic projects and harness opportunities crucial to the growth of Southern California.
- Grow – Help the business get 1% better every day.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 2+ years experience in banking, consulting, bizops, strategy, operations, technology, or related fields
- You can translate high-level goals into relevant plans
- You can own outcomes and positively improve our growth metrics
- You want to shape the direction of the company
- The ability to back your decisions up with data and you're comfortable pulling your data in SQL or modeling in Excel (can perform complex functions)
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.