About the Team
New Verticals (Retail) is a new and exciting team at DoorDash. We're building and scaling our next big businesses on the DoorDash Marketplace platform, focusing on markets beyond food (e.g., Pet Supplies, Beauty, and Electronics). These Retail categories bring about new challenges and opportunities to build something at DoorDash from the ground up.
About the Role
We're hiring a Manager, New Verticals (Retail) to lead special projects and develop new solutions to take our Retail categories to their next phases of growth. This means everything from developing the high-level strategy to managing the day-to-day operations.
You will report to the General Manager of the Pets category, one of several new Retail categories on the Marketplace. As your projects scale, you'll build and grow a team of your own.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Analyze. Create SQL data analysis and use external sources to uncover new opportunity areas for your categories
- Strategize. Develop the strategy for best serving our customers in these new use cases
- Experiment. Transform strategies into operational experiments that create measurable insights, informing your larger initiative launch plans
- Go-to-Market. You'll take Retail's next big offerings to market. You'll launch programs, get 1% better every day, and scale something completely new.
- Lead and collaborate. You'll work with a team, including partners in marketing, product, and operations, to build this new offering for DoorDash
We're excited about you because…
- You're equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don't hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you're just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team.
- You're unafraid of uncharted territory. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you excel in new environments
- You like data. You let data win arguments, and you're comfortable pulling and modeling large datasets. You are excited to use (or learn) SQL in your role
- You're an operator. You have a talent for managing complex projects, converting high-level goals into action, and converting insights into scalable processes
- You have 6+ years of experience in operations, technology, consulting, strategy, business development, banking, analytics, high-growth or early-stage startup experience or related experience;
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.