We’re looking for a City Specialist to help reinforce our ties to our merchants and customers.
As a City Specialist, you will serve as the face of DoorDash in a local market, working with the operations teams to support our merchant partners and customers . You will become an expert in all things DoorDash (e.g. new products, menus, tools, onboarding) and be merchants’ primary resource for questions, concerns, and education on how to succeed and grow on our platform. You will learn the needs of both merchants and customers, distilling their feedback on how we can improve our business. You will work cross-functionally on special projects aimed at improving our products, ensuring a great onboarding experience and local customer satisfaction.
This role is best suited for candidates with strong client-service skills, the ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment, and the tenacity to solve many disparate problems for multiple stakeholders at once.
You must be a personable and motivated self-starter with the ability to execute quickly. We look for self-starters who are reliable, looking to work hard, and can identify solutions to hard problems with relentless persistence. Above all else, we are looking for team members who are driven and as excited as we are to provide an amazing experience for businesses and customers.
About You and Qualifications
- 1+ years of client service, sales, or community organizing experience
- High School diploma or GED required, Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Self-motivated and driven, wants to develop a career in account management and/or client service
- High energy/self-starter, customer-service oriented
- Reliable and resilient, able to manage a frustrated merchant in person, over the phone or through email
- Is up to date on all the best things to do in the city, and if you don't know, you are eager to find them!
- Prior experience in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Expert interpersonal skills
- Willing to engage in-person in different areas of the local market with all types of merchants and customers
- Able to be on your feet, with or without accommodation, for the majority of the working day, about four out of five days a week, visiting merchants and customers in different areas of your market.
- Strong computer proficiency including good knowledge of Microsoft/GSuite applications
- Results driven
- Creative and critical thinker who enjoys identifying high impact solutions and executing those solutions efficiently
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and an ability to run multiple projects simultaneously
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.