About the Team
The Business Development team at DoorDash is a small, fast-paced, high-performing group responsible for sourcing, evaluating, negotiating and executing strategic partnerships. This team is central to DoorDash’s continued growth. We work closely with senior leadership, operations, product and finance teams to guide company strategy. We lead all aspects of identifying, evaluating, and executing transactions that have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
About the Role
As a Director, you are responsible for leading DoorDash’s growth through strategic partnerships.Your primary responsibilities will be formation of business cases, internal and external communication and deal negotiation. You will report to the VP, Business and Corporate Development. Once our offices reopen, we expect this role to be hybrid with some time in-office and some time remote.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Identify, research and recommend industries, companies and technologies for DoorDash to evaluate from a strategic partnerships perspective
- Lead the strategic partnership process, including strategic/financial analysis, due diligence and negotiation
- Build relationships with leaders at emerging and established companies as well as with investment banking and venture capital firms
- Coordinate strategic partnerships across teams, including engineering, product, design, finance, accounting, legal, and growth
- Monitor the competitive landscape and analyze company objectives and identify, recommend and pursue technologies that can accelerate those goals
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ years of work experience in investment banking, private equity, management consulting or business development
- You are strategic, driven and analytical with a passion for the local delivery economy and a thorough understanding of the competitive landscape
- Are proficient in financial modeling and fluent in performing broad quantitative analysis with a familiarity of basic accounting principles
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional senior executives in a fast-changing environment
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.