About the Team
At DoorDash, the needs of our customers lead the product strategy. We believe that the best customer experience is synonymous with the success of our business in the long run.
On the Logistics Platform Design team, we are creating the essential railway on which local logistics is built. We care about the Dasher and their ability to earn and execute every delivery flawlessly. We ensure for consumers that every delivery is delightful, and merchants can operate their delivery business smoothly.
About the Role
As our Dasher Platform Design Lead, you will be responsible for driving the evolution of the overall experience for Dashers including the app architecture and similar global systems that aren't owned by any individual product team. You'll create design reference files, collaborate with product designers from around the company, review work and elevate overall product quality.
This role sits within the Logistics Platform Design team, where we work across all sides of the marketplace (Merchant, Dasher, and Consumer) with a focus on quality, efficiency, and experience.
You will work with a multidisciplinary team of product managers, developers, researchers, and content strategists to deliver world class experiences that solve complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Own the user experience of products end-to-end, including contributing to product strategy running design sprints, and crafting visions
- Deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
We're excited about you because…
- You are a senior level IC with 7+ years of work experience
- You thrive in ambiguous environments, and bring clarity to your teams through your mastery of the design process (and the occasional design sprint)
- You have a passion for simplifying complicated design problems
- You skilfully balance strategy, research, interaction design, and visual design to achieve simple and elegant solutions
- You are comfortable working within complex systems and technologies
- You value high quality well crafted visual design, and care about the details
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
- We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
- We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.