About the Team
We're looking for a Strategy & Operations Associate to help build and shape the future of DoorDash with Consumer Value & Pricing.
At DoorDash we're building the world's leading marketplace for on-demand delivery. To do so, we believe we'll need to improve the way we operate along the way. This is a unique opportunity to help shape a fast-growing, global brand and have a material impact on the future of e-commerce in the U.S.
About the Role
In this Associate role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Consumer Value & Pricing within the Strategy & Operations organization. You will execute strategies to make DoorDash the best option for consumer delivery and beyond. You will work on cross-functional programs coordinating across product, analytics, marketing, and finance to bring projects from 0-1 and 1-100.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Strategize - Develop the best path for DoorDash to use in pursuing excellence in on-demand delivery, identify the trends that emerge and know when to double down and when to try something new.
- Experiment - Use data to guide your decisions. You will run tests on everything from improving consumer engagement to finding the best way to price a delivery.
- Build – You are excited to do "something that hasn't been done before", your job will include building products and launching programs from the ground up.
- Analyze – Assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions and iterate given insights from data, uncover trends from the least expected places, and dig into the details to pull out insights and make daily adjustments.
- Collaborate – Work with a cross-vertical team including operations, product, engineering, finance, analytics and marketing to achieve audacious goals.
- Operate – develop and realize strategies to bring ideas from 0 to 1 and manage them from 1 to 100.
We’re excited about you because…
- You are creative – You love thinking about new problems, and don't resort to a "this is how it's always been done" thinking.
- You are a pioneer– You take on new responsibilities and want to shape the direction of the company by improving the individual experiences of our consumers.
- You have a bias for action– You seize opportunities and focus on the most impactful work
- You are an owner – You're always looking for opportunities to better your work and lead the outcomes – both the good and the bad.
- You are a great teammate – You motivate your peers and promote collaboration across a variety of job responsibilities
- You are data-driven – You back your decisions up with data, analysis, and facts
- You have 2+ years of experience in consulting, banking, strategy, operations, technology, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience
- You have experience taking on big projects, operating autonomously, and achieving goals
- You have experience writing high visibility documents, presentations, and communicating updates, rationale, decisions with broad audiences
- You have technical experience, having built and owned large-scale models and forecasts
- You have advanced Excel skills (can maintain complex spreadsheets); basic SQL knowledge
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.