About the Team
DoorDash is building a best in class Creative Department to stand next to the biggest names in the industry. We will be populated by diverse, eclectic talent. We take risks, challenge each other, and inspire new ways of thinking. We’re here to do the best work of our lives.
About the Role
The Associate Creative Director, Copy will play an integral part of leveling up the creative output. We are creatively ambitious and always shoot for the moon. We are creative thinkers and makers who want to make work that is culturally relevant and purpose driven. This role will report into the Creative Director, Consumer.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Be a creative storyteller with an expert proficiency in writing & concepting.
- Continue to hone your craft.
- Optimize concepts to each channel.
- Lead projects, teams and mentor juniors
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a strong agency background as well as a proven ability to create work for a variety of audiences, brands, and industries.
- You have experience working on a sports brand or in the sports category.
- You’re a reliable self-starter who can handle multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- You have experience in a range of digital platforms from social to online video campaigns.
- You have great presentation skills, both internally and client-facing. We want you to produce great creative and be able to express your ideas clearly.
- You have the ability to flex brand tone when applicable. You need to be able to adapt your voice to each project with extreme ease.
- You have experience across creative expression and production: traditional, digital, social, experiential, product and ideas that drive earned media
- You have experience across highly ambitious, agile teams
- You have the ability to sell the unexpected
- You are a driver of change, with a passion for the way the communications industry is evolving
- You have 7+ years of creative experience
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.