About the role
As a Supervisor on our Marketplace Operations Team, you will oversee a team of trained support staff. This role appeals to you because you're a leader, operator, and problem solver. You’ll be responsible for managing the day to day operations with an expanding company while maintaining and improving on bold quality and speed metrics for your team.
NOTE: This role is located in Tempe, AZ and will require the ability to flex to off hour shifts such as mornings, evenings, weekends and holidays.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Lead a team of motivated individuals who are focused on customer success
- Improve our internal tools, and offshore agents to provide high-quality support
- Establish and manage your team to individual and team goals and objectives
- Coordinate daily workflow within the team and adjust resources to meet service level agreements with the business
- Create, distribute, and present impactful and reporting on performance
We’re excited about you because…
- You are a leader with a strong desire and natural ability to motivate a team, set and achieve targets, and manage career growth and team performance
- You increase results, and are constantly evaluating how and whether your team’s activities are achieving the desired, measurable impact
- You are an operator, you translate analysis to actions quickly, to test your hypotheses and use ‘first principles’ to solve challenging business problems at their root level
- You are an owner, always looking for opportunities to better your work product
- You are comfortable making tough decisions that balance the trade-off between quality and quantity
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- You have 2+ year or more of people management or team lead experience
- You have a mind and talent for process improvement
- You have experience in pulling data and using data to influence your decisions
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Chartio, and Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)/Google Sheets (preferred)
- You have experience in the tech, restaurant, or logistics industries (preferred)
- You have familiarity with working with large, diverse customer support, operations, and sales organizations (preferred)
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash...
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection