About the Role
DoorDash’s mission is to grow and empower local economies. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash connects people with the local businesses they care about — helping grow businesses and the communities that support those businesses.
To further this mission, we’re looking for an experienced product marketing leader to lead our B2B product marketing team. As Director of B2B Product Marketing, you will be responsible for architecting the product marketing strategy for our B2B Audiences: restaurants; merchants in newer categories for DoorDash, like Grocery and Convenience; and Companies who use DoorDash for employee food needs). You and your team will execute on this strategy, driving its success through the end-to-end marketing of DoorDash products and solutions. Through close collaboration with product leadership, you will define new products to help merchants grow their businesses and execute campaigns working across sales and scaled channels to encourage adoption of those tools. You will also collaborate with other B2B Marketing leads (Brand, CRM, Growth/Paid) to build key marketing infrastructure for our B2B audiences and define the working model for how the marketing teams collaborate.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable operating at highly strategic and tactical levels, switching between them effortlessly. You won’t be afraid to roll-up your sleeves and own the success of a launch. You will be deeply grounded in audience insights through partnership with research, sales, and by driving original research to better understand the needs of our business audiences (merchants and companies). You will leverage those insights to build consensus and form trusted relationships to influence the direction of the product and business roadmaps. You will thrive on analytics and set a learning agenda for all projects that raises the bar for impact against engagement and business goals.
This role can be based out of our San Francisco or New York headquarters and reports to the Head of Product Marketing.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
Be the voice of our B2B audiences and define our strategy with their needs at the forefront
- Define the strategy for B2B product marketing to encourage adoption of B2B-focused products/tools, drive more profit to our merchant partners, and drive revenue for DoorDash
- Partner closely with internal teams and external partners to develop a foundational understanding of audience segments and leverage this to define the strategy for growing and retaining merchants/companies
Lead a high-performing team
- Lead and develop a best-in-class product marketing team to drive impact across the product portfolio, laying out a vision and scaling the function
- Build a trusted partnership with product and business leaders to influence our product roadmaps, resource allocation, and cross-functional team composition, with the goal of designing new features and programs that deliver on B2B audiences’ needs and DoorDash business goals
Drive Go-To-Market for new B2B-focused products and features
- Define and manage comprehensive go-to-market plans including development of product positioning, communication of value proposition, launch strategy, PR, sales and partner materials
- Collaborate with sales leadership to translate core product value propositions into sales channel collateral and collaborate with internal and external creative partners to drive the creation of those materials
We’re excited about you because…
- 10+ years of professional experience in product marketing in a corporate or startup environment, ideally with a focus on small business audiences
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing and developing talent, including managing managers
- Bachelors degree
- Comfort with ambiguity: the ability to identify and scope opportunities, collaborate cross-functionally to recruit resources and teams, and create structure and alignment around how we’ll move forward and measure success
- Proven track record of driving successful go-to-market launches that drive adoption and bottom line impact
- Fluency with data - including market/segment sizing, forecasting, and working with analytics to understand efficacy of campaigns after the fact - and the ability to use data to influence and persuade at the executive level
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall wellbeing by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.