About the Team
On the Merchant Strategy & Ops team, our mission is to have best-in class restaurant selection, build cutting edge services for our merchants to grow their business, and help our partners operate seamlessly. Our local Japan team works closely with our counterparts globally as we share best practices and key learnings with one another to establish new international markets.
About the Role
As a Senior Manager Merchant Experience, Merchant S&O, Japan you'll be leading the team responsible for the establishment and execution of our Merchant Experience across Managed & Unmanaged accounts to build the foundation for our partner base to grow. This will entail creating market level strategies, unpacking local product features and designing the operational setup to truly serve our international merchants. Your team will sit at the intersection of Strategy & Operations, Sales, Product, Systems and Support, and as such this role will require prioritisation and structured decision-making to ensure we win the hearts and minds of our Merchants.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- You will strategise – Design projects against the aggregate merchant strategy of being the Marketplace provider of choice
- You will operate – Build projects across process, product and people to move the numbers
- You will analyse – Build models / process flows to evaluate quantitative and qualitative business cases for process improvement opportunities
- You will help guide – Manage diverse projects with our sales, operations, product, and engineering teams to establish the merchant experience and achieve targets
- You are entrepreneurial – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- You are naturally curious – You look for ways to design and improve processes and want to shape the direction of the company
- You are a problem solver – Natural ability to make stuff happen around you through influence. You handle chaos, ambiguity and complexity, in a detailed, organised way
We’re excited about you because…
- You have 8+ years of experience in strategy and operations, consulting; high-growth startup experience is preferred
- You solve problems from first principles. You’re excited to solve problems in innovative ways, and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking
- You have a proven track record of leading projects, hitting goals, and succeeding in a complex and fast moving environment
- You are analytical and can bring relevant recommendations out of complex datasets; SQL is strongly preferred
- You have expert communication and interpersonal skills
- You are excited about market entry and building a DoorDash Japan from the ground up
- Fluent Japanese and fluent English
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.