About the Team
DoorDash Labs is an independent team within DoorDash. We're hiring software engineers to work at the intersection of software engineering and robotics to solve key business problems with elegant technical solutions. If you have a passion for applying robotics solutions to a service loved by millions of people, then we want to talk to you!
What You'll Do
- Design and implement backend services for real time communication with robots, focused on reliability, and future extensibility
- Create fleet management web portals and backends for frontends
- Evolve DoorDash's core logistics and ordering platforms for supporting robotics use cases
- Improve performance, reliability, scalability and security for our backend and frontend systems
- Introduce tools and best practices to accelerate our development process
What We're Looking For
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of industry experience as a software engineer
- Experience with full software engineering stack - Frontend, Backend & Infra.
- Ability to improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of multiple system resources
- Experience with service oriented architecture, writing API's, unit testing, and architectural designs
- Experience with SQL
Nice to Have
Experience with these technologies is not required but helpful.
- Kotlin, Java, or other JVM languages and frameworks
- Node.js, React or other frontend frameworks
- gRPC, Kafka, Redis, Postgres, or Cassandra
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are operators - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.