About the Team
The Sales Compliance team designs and ensures effective sales controls, contract operations, and revenue recognition across DoorDash Sales teams, and this Manager will be an essential member of this team as we enter our next phase of growth.
The Sales Strategy & Operations team accelerates the productivity of our sales organization and develops go-to-market strategies to support the teams. We partner with groups across the company including Sales, Product, Finance, Legal, Operations, and Analytics to build essential systems and help our sales teams to move faster, at an acceptable level of risk. This team builds the engine and foundation for DoorDash to achieve the best selection for our platform and grow revenues across our business.
About the Role
We are looking for a Sales Compliance Manager to define and build scalable contract execution. You will be focused on creating and operationalizing commercial operations, contract operations, and reconciliation teams who can uphold DoorDash's compliance responsibilities (e.g. Sarbanes Oxley certifications) and Sales investment while ensuring Sales team productivity.
You will partner across Sales Leadership, Sales Strategy & Operations, Systems and Product groups to develop and land appropriate controls to help grow the business.
You will report into Director of Sales Compliance on our Sales Strategy & Operations team in our Merchant Strategy & Operations organization.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Independently improve efficiency and process improvements throughout the order to cash process
- Help our sales team to sell quickly and compliantly
- Ensure DoorDash maintains compliance while continuing fast growth
- Partner with Security / Internal Audit and our teams to design revenue controls
- Help our reconciliation and contract auditing efforts in partnership with Finance and accounting teams
- Diagnose opportunities to increase sales support for live deals
- Lead impactful, projects to achieve step-change improvements in performance (e.g. system/ process design, training/adoption, reporting, incentive design)
We're excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor's degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in sales compliance, systems, tools and enablement at either high-growth technology startups or well-established companies
- Experience recruiting and managing teams, 4+ years as a people manager
- Proficient in order-to-cash processes and critical Sales tools including Salesforce, Pactsafe/Docusign
- Familiarity with SOX compliance as it relates to Sales systems, including Deal Approval workflows ('Deal Desk')
- Ramp quickly to work on complex projects
- Experience in project management and leadership
- Highly proficient in Google Sheets/ Excel (pivot tables, vlookups)
- Ability to interact and build trust across all levels of the business
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day. We are learners – Everyone here is learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to Support employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also aim to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.