About the Team
The Workplace Team is tasked with designing, building, and operating offices that allow people to do their best work. We are building and operating offices that are inclusive, inspirational and, at the same time, safe and functional. We want to remove any and all friction in the physical space that prevents our employees from doing their very best. The team is also supporting the sourcing, leasing, construction and operation of our DashMart facilities globally. We are moving fast, measuring and refining our processes as we go in order to build a machine that meets the aggressive growth targets we have for the business.
About the Role
DoorDash is looking for a strong Workplace Services & Real Estate Manager for our regional office in Japan. This role will report to the Senior Manager of Workplace Services and partner closely with the Senior Manager of Real Estate & Construction. In this role, you will support our hyper-growing office by leading many of the projects, initiatives, and programs that contribute to creating a work environment that employees can thrive in. You will need to be a self-starter, have strong program management skills, have the ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions, and be ready and willing to roll up your sleeves and get to work. This role will require exceptional communication skills, the ability to be resourceful, and the ability to work well autonomously and with a diverse range of personalities.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Become an ambassador of the Workplace Services team ensuring our customers (our employees) have a comfortable and functional work space to perform well in
- Lead projects and initiatives to improve the workplace through creating and documenting policies and procedures, and making physical improvements to the office
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders to continually improve our office operations
- Establish relationships with vendors and have budget oversight into our programs while partnering with your manager to inform program decisions
- Operate at the Lowest Level of Detail by diving into goals and fundamentals involved in each property (i.e. budget, lease structure, schedule constraints, etc.), in order to creatively problem-solve issues as they arise and successfully negotiate LOIs and leases to meet aggressive launch schedules
- Partner with our Construction Management team to ensure we have clearly defined budgets and projects scopes prior to lease execution
- Partner with Workplace Services team members in other offices to share best practices, align processes, and ensure employees receive a consistent experience
- Use our JIRA ticketing system to receive and respond to work requests, determining the nature of the problem(s) and either completing the request or recommending appropriate solutions to employees promptly while maintaining the assigned SLAs
- Conduct an overview of the specific needs of the space, including furniture needs, office and kitchen supplies, and pertinent repairs and maintenance, as well as office projects, tasks, and duties as needed
- Coordinate, plan, and support office and team moves from planning to completion
- Able to lift/move 25 pounds
We’re excited about you because…
- Are an Owner that thrives in a chaotic and ever changing work environment.
- Are Customer Obsessed with a passionate drive to delight our employees and guests, take initiative, and offer unique solutions that deliver on, and exceed, their expectations.
- Dream Big, and Start Small with a thoughtful process of analysing data and circumstances to solve problems and reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Value our One Team, One Fight mentality by partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals in a pleasant and energetic manner.
- Have a Bias for Action with an appreciation and understanding of our mission to make sound, timely contributions.
- Strive to be 1% Better Everyday with your openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
- Choose Optimism and Have a Plan, whether it's a big project or impromptu task, you are quick on your feet and happy to contribute in a helpful, organised way.
- Have 3+ years of recent facilities experience providing direct office support
- Have 2+ experience real estate portfolio and negotiating LOIs and leases
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
We are operators – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions to lead our company and our industry is what we do on every project, every day.
We are learners – Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute. We are committed to learning and implementing what is best for our customers, merchants, and dashers.
We are one team – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly and always learn and reiterate to support merchants, Dashers and the communities we serve. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods. Read more on the DoorDash website, the DoorDash blog, the DoorDash Engineering blog, and the DoorDash Careers page.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. Our leaders seek the truth and welcome big, hairy, audacious questions. We are grounded in our company values, and we make intentional decisions that are both logical and display empathy for our range of users—from Dashers to Merchants to Customers.
We're committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.